Studio Mics -
The AKG C414
Details for the
The AKG C414 XLS is the Cave’s go-to large diaphragm condenser microphone
The 414’s primary role is Acoustic Desk micing of the Taylor 814ce LTD Cocobolo and the Seagull Entourage Rustic CW QI acoustic guitar.
Paired with the Neumann TLM-103, through the Avalon VT-737sp, and the AKG 414 through the Mike-e preamp channel strip, great tracks can be created for the acoustic guitars in stereo.
From the leading broadcast facilities world-wide to the recording studios and the performance stages that have hosted the top musical artists of all genres for more than 60 years, the AKG C414 large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone needs little introduction.
There are few microphones that are as widely considered a de facto part of any professional engineer's mic locker as this famous microphone.
Part of what has maintained the C414 as an industry standard has been its impressive versatility, and AKG has pushed the envelope again with the addition of the C414 XLS to this famous line.
Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it maintains the reliable sonic character of the legendary C414 B-ULS (the longest-lived C414 model) while introducing some astonishing new features.
The 5-pattern C414 has been one of the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades — widely used for accurate, exquisitely detailed pickup of acoustic instruments.
Now, the C414 XLS sets a new benchmark in microphone versatility by introducing a 9-pattern design, while achieving reference-quality results through leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components.
AKG C414 XLS Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone Features:
• Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and four intermediate pickup patterns
• Lock Mode disables all controls easily for live and installation use
• Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
• Three different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
• Peak Hold LED detects even shortest overload peaks
• Includes carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount
• Frequency range: 20 to 20 000 Hz
• Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV) +/- 0.5 dB
• Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158 dB (0/-6/-12/-18 dB) for 0.5% THD
• Equivalent noise level: 6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
• Signal/noise ratio: 88 dB
• Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
• Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
• Impedance: <=200 ohms
• Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
• Powering: approximately 4 mA
• Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
• Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)
• Net weight: 300g (10.6oz.)
• Requires +48V phantom power
Large Diaphram Condensor
Acoustic Guitar | Vocal | Dialog
Large 1" (25.4mm)