Studio Guitar Locker
The Cave Studio Guitar Collection
The Cave’s Studio guitars is NOT a guitar collection. I do not collect guitars!
Each instrument has a defined role based on how it inspires me when I hold it, play it, and view it in my hands and its resting place.
I compose Musical Portraits in about six genres, each one inspired with one or more of the Studio Guitars. When a guitar no longer inspires me, I pass it on to the next musician for their musical expressions.
Within the Studio Gear Guitar selection you can view guitars by different criteria: Body Type, Genres, Manufactures, and how they currently “Rank” in my creative space: Prime or Studio and a Rank number.
Ranking is just a fun thing to do for me to understand how guitars move from rank to rank, month to month. It is interesting to see how guitar move in and out of favor over time.
Descriptions and Primary Roles:
- 2002 D’Angelico New Yorker NYL-4 Golden Eagle: 18” big body Jazz guitar
- 2020 Taylor 814ce LTD Cocobolo Bird: Composition and all genres
- 2020 American Professional II Tele Blue Jay: Classic Tele for all genres
- 2020 American Professional II Strat Blue Bunting: Classic Strat for all genres
- 2020 PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Rose Bird: ’63 Strat-based signature guitar for all things Strat
- 2016 PRS McCarty 594 Single Cut 10 Top Black Hawk: A ’59 Les Paul inspired single cut design for all things Les Paul
- 2017 PRS 509 Specialty Core 10 Top Tiger Heron: A unique triple pickup 9 tone guitar for all genres
- 2017 Ibanez BTB745 5 String Bass Brown Thrasher: An active EQ tone system 5 string bass
- 2003 PRS Singlecut Tremolo 10 Top Red Cardinal: A Les Paul inspired single cut design with a Whammy Bar for all things Les Paul
- 2014 PRS Mira S2 Semi-hollow body Red Hawk: A pickup replaced Mira with Mojo Tone ’59 Clones for Blues and Rock
- 2018 PRS Custom 24 S2 24 fret Bluebird: A two octave pickup replaced Mira with a set of PRS ’92 Private Stock Artist pickups for Blues, Rock, and Jazz Rock
- 2018 D’Angelico Premier DC Raven: A Gibson 335 inspired pickup replaced semi-hollow body with two P-90’s, Kent Armstrong coil tapped neck and Mojo Hot bridge pickups
- 2014 Seagull Entourage Rustic CW QI Song Bird: A dreadnought size body for track blending with the Taylor 814ce